Sana'a, October 25, 2011- A government announced ceasefire came to an end after government forces attacked protesters and opposition positions in Sana’a and Taiz.
Government official in announced this afternoon that a truce had been agreed upon by the Opposition and president Saleh.
Although the ceasefire was meant to take place at 3pm, residents in Taiz said the shelling was still ongoing well passed 4.30pm.
Eyewitnesses said that no real ceasefire took place but the strategy was a tactic by the government to fool the international community and act as if it calls for peace.
Protesters and human rights activists have denounced the new attacks, accusing Saleh of trying to instigate a war while claiming to want to sign the GCC brokered proposal.
"Enough is enough", said a member of the Opposition. "This game of cat and mouse has lasted long enough. Saleh has clearly no intention of surrendering his power and I believe it is time to move towards sanctions."
Several families in Taiz were seen fleeing the war zone to neighboring villages, too terrified at the idea of spending another night in the city.